This will be our first Farm quarterly breakfast and work day (YAY!), so bring a breakfast item to share, and your beverage of choice. We’ll eat first, then work.
We have a loooooooooong list of projects to get started and we need all hands on deck. Here’s a rough list of things to do. Don’t get overwhelmed…Many hands make light work!
- Replace wood on existing raised beds in picket garden
- Reconfigure existing raised beds in pasture garden
- Build 1 additional raised bed in pasture garden
- Expand garden between hoophouse & pallet garden (build fencing, prep soil as needed)
- Expand garden in pasture area/ move and/or build new fencing as needed
- Lay cardboard down for new growing areas
- Create planting bed/prep soil for blueberry plants
- Create terraced planting bed for perennial herb garden
- Build new gate to enter pasture garden
- Replace fence around picket garden
- Build garden cubbies in milkhouse. (needed by mid-late may)
- Build hatch in east barn door so chickens can go in and out
- Replace missing window pane in the milk house
- Fix gate into the chicken’s area (make it more of a door w hinges).
- Build a separate area in barn for chicks