TATSOI SALAD WITH WARM MAPLE DRESSING
This salad is also great with crispy bacon bits or dried cranberries, sliced strawberries when in season.
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- 2 or 3 bunches tatsoi and/or romaine lettuce, leaf lettuce, mixed greens
- 1/2 of a cucumber, peeled, seeded, & cut into 1/4? slices
- 1T olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2T pure maple syrup
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
In a small, dry skillet, toast pecans over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a salad bowl, toss together greens & cucumber. In a small skillet, sauté red onion in olive oil until softened. Add vinegar & maple syrup and bring to a boil. Season with salt & pepper, pour over greens & cucumber, and toss with cheese & toasted pecans.